Opera on Tap Seeks Development Director
(flexible/ part-time/ remote work)
Making the drama, beauty, and exhilaration of opera truly accessible to new communities everywhere.
Opera on Tap (OOT) is a not-for-profit corporation with 501(c)3 status. Our predominantly women-led organization is formed for charitable and educational purposes including:
- Engaging and enriching our communities through culture and the arts.
- Empowering singers, instrumentalists, composers and other artists through opportunities for paid performance, commissions, leadership, and safe creative processes.
We fulfill our mission through:
- Community Based Performances
- International Chapter Model
- Educational Programming
- Immersive Opera Project and Commissions
We want to foster and develop the artistic entrepreneurial spirit, and now we’re hiring!
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts, as Opera on Tap continues to grow, building upon the work and successes accomplished by our current Development Director over the past 4 years. This role involves grant research and writing, organizing fundraising initiatives, working with board members and advisory council members, managing our annual fund and building relationships with donors, staff and volunteers. The Development Director will work with the Board Executive Committee implementing major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies, and with the Gala Committee on event planning.
Opera on Tap is a cutting edge company setting trends in the industry, and this position is an opportunity for an energetic individual to shape the vision for our fundraising as well as support innovative programming across performance, education, and community engagement.
- Develop and execute Opera on Tap’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, government entities, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of donor CRM and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Research grants and recommend grant opportunities to ED for projects and capacity building
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Work with the marketing team to create solicitation materials for the fundraising team
Time Commitment: Approximately 20-25 hours per week
Pay: $30,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
Here at Opera on Tap we believe work is just one of the keys to living a fulfilling life and we actively encourage and promote a work environment that puts self-care for all of our staffers at the forefront. In terms of operations, our NY-metro-based team works from home with occasional in-person meetings and weekly video conference calls. Office-based work hours are flexible provided the workload can be managed within deadlines and communications with company stakeholders and 3rd parties we work with can be executed in an efficient manner. We are a warm and welcoming collaborative staff and enjoy remarkably low turnover rates.
Who We Are Looking For:
Opera on Tap is committed to fostering a work environment in which each individual has equitable access to opportunities, is fully supported in their endeavors, and feels a genuine sense of belonging.
People from communities underrepresented in the arts are especially encouraged to apply. Review our policy on Equity and Inclusion here:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com