Part-Time Education Intern
We love our communities and want to perform for them. We want to see our artform, that we have committed our lives to crafting, continue to exist in the near and far future. We want to provide more performance opportunities to the thousands of young opera artists throughout the country who have an amazing gift they want to share. We want to foster and develop the artistic entrepreneurial spirit, and now we’re hiring!
The Education Intern position is a part-time position.
The Education Intern reports to the Education and Assistant Education Directors. The Virtual Playground Opera program is an interactive virtual learning experience and project-based learning program.
OOT’s Education Intern will:
- Learn aspects of planning, administering, and presenting virtual performance and arts education
- Provide support for Education Director, Assistant Education Director and Teaching Artists as assigned
- Participate in question and answer sessions from staff regarding curriculum, organization, and preparation of materials for virtual performance and arts education, as well as gain a deeper understanding of how to serve a student population
- Provide support to Creative and Production Staff and learn the process of production from concept to implementation
- Assists with classroom film sessions, rehearsals, and performances as assigned
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities
- Assists Education team with research projects and correspondence
- Engage with children experiencing their first exposure to the classical singing and theatre production
- Building contact database for public and private schools and homeschooling pods for Virtual Playground access
- Maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
- Enter and organize data on school and other participant organizations
Time Commitment: Approx. 5-10 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
Here at Opera on Tap we believe work is just one of the keys to living a fulfilling life and we actively encourage and promote a work environment that puts self-care for all of our staffers at the forefront. Our NY-metro-based team works from home with occasional in-person meetings and weekly video conference calls. Work hours are flexible provided the workload can be managed within deadlines and communications with company stakeholders and 3rd parties we work with can be executed in an efficient manner.
Who We Are Looking For:
Opera on Tap is committed to fostering a work environment in which each individual has equitable access to opportunities, is fully supported in their endeavors, and feels a genuine sense of belonging.
People from communities underrepresented in the arts are especially encouraged to apply.